Friday, March 22, 2013

9. moving forward

Hey hi hello,


Blog updating momentum slowed down a bit, but it’s for good reason! I've been absolutely swamped at work (where I usually blog kih kih) and didn't have time to sit down and write a proper post. Lots to fill you guys in with though!

#twentyonethings 
I think I've pretty much got my twenty one things decided upon. Sadly, the responses from people that were not directly in my presence were meager. However, I really appreciate those who actually contributed and the next blog post will be about the finalized list, whoop whoop!

A State of Trance & Future Music Festival Asia 
Boy oh boy. I’m sure you know I would have never missed this event even if you paid me to. And I must say, this year definitely lived up to last year’s (maybe even more). A few things that happened:

#1 I decided to go to ASOT so I can deliberately wait for people for 4 hours. Lol seriously, no. But that’s what happened anyways. I don’t want to waste precious space complaining about how the guy who was supposed to give us our ticket, didn't live up to it, and we ended up waiting an extra hour PLUS paying more than was promised. Still flippin’ pissed about that. Or about how I ended up waiting TWO hours for people because the people I was waiting for were waiting for other people. I mean seriously, if you’re going to meet someone at a concert (or any other fucking venue for the matter), can’t you at least try to have the decency to come earlier so people wouldn't have to miss out on other acts? Geez.

PARTY FACE
#2 A slight mishap on the dance floor. I guess my boyfriend is right when he says I am lightweight. I only drank half a can of beer and didn't even have a significant amount of greens. I suppose it was the mixture of both that had me blacked out for about twenty minutes. I literally was seeing two of everything and everything else beyond an arm’s reach was a blurry sight. I remember being very happy though, and thinking that Armin was God or something. Good stuff.

#3 Was totally hating on Psy. I was being all “Oh no, no way I’m here for Psy.” “Ew, Psy? Haha no thanks I’ll be at anywhere else” BUT HEY. Guess who was right in the middle of the crowd singing her lungs out and shaking to Gangnam Style (twice!) when Psy came on? Mm yea. I’ll have to give it to him though, his stage presence was pretty good AND he said fuck about five times.

#4 James the English thought I was American. I was absolutely losing my mind during Angger Dimas’ set. That Indo can really kill a crowd. And really, at raves like these, there is no such thing as merely waving your hands and head banging. No. You shake and scream and jump and shake some more. So while I was busy doing just that, a (handsome) Brit boy was dancing next to me and was like “this is crazy, wow this is crazy” Long story short, Brit boy thought I was American (cause of the lack of accent) and wanted to go watch Bloc Party with me. Sadly, I lost him in the crowd during Sidney Samson’s (spectacular) set.

#5 Had a fucking stellar time. I mean seriously. Temper Trap was so. good. I’m going to be honest and say that I don’t know most of their songs but I still managed to be star struck. Besides that, I don’t know where I got the energy to dance for about three hours straight at different stages and some more. Bumped into so many familiar faces and met so many beautiful ones. I also missed out on some pretty big acts (Zedd’s Dead, Feed Me, Fun., half of Bloc Party and most of Prodigy) but I can promise you that I don’t regret a single minute of my weekend.

I sincerely wished I had a compact camera though. Or a better phone, at least. But you've probably already seen tones of pictures and videos and reviews so I’m just going to let the memories be my own. Maybe I'll be better prepared next year (if I’m around, or course)!

Moving forward 
If there’s one good thing that I learned this year, it would be that moving forward is tough, but necessary. I've been balancing two jobs the whole of twenty thirteen (my internship and Starbucks), and was also committed to Starbucks during my last few semesters in ADP. I've always been working there on weekends as part of my effort to earn more monies and it has grown on me, become a routine, and somewhat part of me. So when I submitted my resignation letter (due to exhaustion & a better offer elsewhere) I was quite reluctant.


But I guess moving on and forward bound is imperative. Change is the only constant in life, right? And why not, especially when I am meant to do bigger, greater things?

My internship is also coming to an end. I've got a little over three weeks to go and I’m actually pretty stoked to leave. I think I've reached the peak of how much I can learn here and I’m more than ready to move on. I've already secured four internship interviews with different companies, with two more lined up. I’m looking at advertising, broadcasting and editorial companies, pretty big ones too. Will let y’all know how it goes.

Okay so I know that’s a lot of words, more than I would read myself. I’ll stop here for today, with my upcoming blog entries already brewing :) Time is running out for #twentyonethings anyways so I’ll be sure to keep that a priority.

Before I leave, here's the quote of the week.
"Thinking things through really does help, doesn't it? I wonder why that isn't a concept." - me, on how Bryan always gets shit right cause he thinks things through. (I was being sarcastic, fyi.)
Till the next post.

Au revoir, mes amis.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog