Friday, May 31, 2013

#19 may in a thousand words (and more)

Hey hi hello,

Here's our monthly Instagram post (and more).


+ Pictures from the recent Upfront pres. Delphic. I only started listening to this British band when I heard they were coming down to town. To be honest, ever since I started at JUICE, my music library has vastly broadened and well, Spotify helped a lot too. But that's not what this about. Basically, Delphic sounded amazing live, and were extremely friendly during the meet-and-greet (handsome too). Some of my favourite tracks are Acolyte and Baiya. Check them out (and get Spotify while you're at it).
+ Brought my two bitches with me, Julian and Shaun. Those two can't have fun without me.


+ The pretty chandelier that was in the middle of a makeshift tent for the launch of Elagantology, a restaurant owned by some of the most horrible-English-speaking people I have ever met. Not only that, the food gave me food poisoning, so here's to that.
+ My momma's homecooked food. How to live in US like this?


+ Three exorbitantly narcissistic and conceited (but not unusual) self-shots. 


+ Just the usual everyday email from life at JUICE
+ Took a fakesick leave that extended my weekend and came back to the office finding this. My friends just love me, don't they. #RTifyoucryd
+ My handsome boys from Sepang. Haven't seen these guys for ages and I'm glad they can still effortlessly put a smile on my face. And this is only half of the whole jejaka handsome group.

Some other things that have been happening include receiving my i20 (stylized that way to ensure relevance to today's language) form that I will be using to apply for my US student visa. I'm actually scared as fuck because what if they don't like me or they think I want to live in their country forever (which really isn't a bad idea). All jokes aside though, I'm sincerely jittery because I don' know where to start and how to convince these people (the United States embassy) that they hold the key to the door that will change my life forever. No sweat. 

I also finally have a new weekend job, this time at another coffee house in Ara Damansara. It also has a tobacco house counterpart which I really love. I get to run both sides of the store, selling both coffee and rolling papers and although it has only been one day, I'm starting to feel like I'm at home. They've got an amazing collection of books on it's shelves (Tolstoy, Murakami, Gailman, Zadie Smith, Malaysian writers among others, including non-fiction), spectacular coffee and a range of tobacco products that make even non-smokers want to smoke (please excuse my lack of creativity). It's an extremely new place, about three weeks old to date, but the owners have big ideas and I would really like to see this place succeed. Go check it out, I'm there every Saturday. It's called Epiphany Coffee & Tobacco, Google it, you know you can.

I've also got a project coming up, those of you who follow me on my social media would have probably seen small updates about it. I'm trying my best to keep it a little hush hush because I want it up and running before I start drawing attention. Don't want to jinx it, I suppose. Regardless, I have a solid team that I trust are equally as committed as I am to the cause. You guys will be the first to hear about it when it launches (yes, you, my phantom readers). 

That's it for today. I apologize for the lack of creative anecdotes and beautiful language today (I'm not even going to spell check), I'm in a hurry to post this so I can get on Skype with forever guy (have you been keeping up?). I've got lots of things brewing, I'm excited for my future.

Till the next post.

Au revoir.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog