Saturday, June 29, 2013

#23 this could be paradise

Hey hi hello,


 

It's about 5.13 in the morning, I'm leeching off mum's mobile hotspot data while making fun of her Hong Kong drama addiction, my poodle is sleeping next to me and I felt the need to blog about at this moment.

It's the last day of June, and exactly one half of twenty thirteen. To say that it's been a bumpy year of sorts would be an understatement- it's more reminiscent of a hurricane. Being the traditional blogger with lack of ideas to fill this space, I decided to write about the things that made this year what it has been. Here goes.
  • Did two back-to-back internships- one in the corporate white collar environment, the other in less of a solemn nature. Not to say that I regretted the former, I met characters of inspiration, quirkiness and even of immaturity (despite being in their mid-twenties, I guess some of us never grow up) and learned so much about the industry that I'm now sceptical about working in in the future. 
  • The second internship was probably (one of) the best decisions I've made- albeit being one of the toughest. I managed to get published, and was even given the opportunity to write the main feature and cover story for a magazine. Met some pretty darn amazing people too. Quite reluctant to leave- and although almost impossible- I've even considered writing full-time there. 
  • Had to make crazy decisions almost every other month. I survived on only whatever money I had, sometimes less than 200rm a month, since my parents are going through a difficult time financially. Having an unpaid internship although loving it didn't help. 
  • Mum got admitted to the hospital with a fractured tail bone, and there was that heart-wrenching scary speculation of bone cancer, but thank God that has been ruled out. She's now comfy in her makeshift bed downstairs with every other human being as her servant. Just kidding ma, love you.
  • I got accepted to my dream university, and although there are so many hurdles to cross before I step foot there, it's something I look forward to, and a motivation that drives me like no other. It's made me want to start new things, share my joy and do as much as I can while I'm here. 
  • I was lucky to meet so many new people, hear their stories, learn through their experiences and grow exponentially in terms of accepting that every has their own story, and that judgement is not ours to give. Although I might never meet some of these people again, I am so grateful for what knowledge I've gained through and with them.
  • Forever guy and I are still going strong (at least I think so :p), despite not seeing each other for over a year. I still can't see myself sharing my life with any other human being, and I guess that's a good thing right?
  • Craft & Draft. Don't think I need to say more :)
Perhaps in a summary, I've grown in so many ways, experienced so much and have yet to regret anything that has happened. I'm glad I took the time that I initially thought was a curse and changed its course into a blessing. It all sounds so rah-rah and perhaps slightly over-optimistic, but I think we all need to extend the silver lining once in a while to keep us going. 

Don't get me wrong, I've still got a hundred and two things that are on the back of my mind, tugging at me for attention. So much to worry about, but fuck that. Today is for appreciating what I've already achieved and damn, I feel like I'm in paradise.

Till the next post.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog