Sunday, July 14, 2013

#26 birthday behavior

Hey hi hello,


Been wanting to put up this post since forever, but I've been kept dutifully busy by work. I've still got a pile of articles waiting to be put down from thoughts into words, but I decided I couldn't wait any longer to post this. 

So I turned 21. I celebrated my birthday weekend in quite a laid-back fashion, with absolutely no regrets. I went to Barsonic on Friday night and had the time of my life, then spent the day out on Saturday with Danielle, shopping and embarrassing each other in public like we do best. It was a little awkward on Sunday because Juliet joined me for the pole-dancing class I signed up for. I haven't seen her since she left to the US, and that was about a year and a half ago. Nevertheless, I managed to make a complete fool of myself throughout. Clearly all I that I am meant to be in this life is an peculiar potato when I am forced to dance, saying that I have two-left feet is an understatement. However, learning the basics of contemporary dance made me realize how much I regret giving up ballet when I was younger, and that that would have been a path I would have loved to take. Sadly, I think it's a little bit too late; I am probably doomed to a life of non-flexibility and failed pirouettes.

Oh, did I mention that the pole-dance was cancelled? I ended up taking jazz, hip hop (don't get me started on how funny it was to watch myself pretend I had swag), contempo and bachata (not for the fatfainthearted). Good fun, it was. 

Dinner was with the people I loved most, I could barely contain my excitement catching up with old faces and meeting new ones. I was skittering here and there, trying to get involved with every one that I have missed so much. Thank you, those who came, and know that you all have a special place in my heart. I love you guys.













It's all about that chocolate stain.

Obviously my sister outshines me, again! x

Couldn't resist posting up my hunky best friend. For casting, contact me.


Blessed.

Seriously, how blessed am I? The rest of the photos can be found on my Facebook, and the rather embarrassing ones (involving massive amounts of cake being stuffed into my face and other unflattering poses) shall never see light of day. 

I honestly had the best 21st, and I really wouldn't have had it any other way. Well, having forever guy with me would have been the ultimate, but I guess one can only ask for so much. Besides, I don't think I could have handled too many hugs, kisses and love in one evening. 

Till the next post.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog