Wednesday, July 17, 2013

#27 let me live that fantasy


Hey hi hello, 

I've decided to change my blog name from 'a recipe for disaster.' to 'Corals & Concrete'. I'm not entirely sure if it will stick as long as the former, but its an ode to my love for travelling and foreign places. Its the direction I'd like to take my blog towards- and ultimately my life- dedicated to wanderlust and new experiences. 

I know its wishful thinking at an extreme, but I've actually put some serious consideration into my whole "backpack around Europe with nothing but 400 dollars" thing. And realistically looking at my timeline; expected graduation and the time I have in between that and being consumed by the corporate society, it could actually happen. I don't want to get ahead of things, but I really can't see myself ending this life without seeing the beautiful world we live in. Or at least try to.


I can already imagine roadtripping and hullaballu around the United States with my friends, and that would probably be momentary gratification. I can't wait. 

Back in reality, I'm officially unemployed for the first time in about three years. In that time span, I've tutored, bartender-ed, waited, barista-ed, sold clothing, interned and worked at countless other projects and events. It feels strange to have no work commitments (it's completely different from school commitments if you didn't know) at all and I actually have too much free time on my hands. It sucks that I probably will have no extra cash and be forced to watch less movies, eat cheaper (and healthier) food, spend less on material indulgences, and actually depend on my parents to survive (who even does that?). 


Doesn't help that I will be going to Singapore to watch The xx in August. Wait, did I even say that? YES YOU HEARD ME BITCHES, I'M GOING TO THE XX!! I thank the heavens for having such a cool boss because he let me have the tickets even though I don't write for Juice any more. I guess being a goody-two-shoes intern has its perks (yeah, sure). Now I need to book flight tickets and lodging, and the fact that I'm lazy to do it probably says a lot about my vagabond dreams becoming reality. (this is why I need Daena Marissa.)

Also going for Chelsea x Malaysia XI this Sunday even though I wasn't expecting to. Bryna (Iloveyou) was such an angel for getting them for me as a belated present, why am I so blessed? 

Till the next post.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog