Friday, August 2, 2013

#29 miserable at best

Hey hi hello,


Well what do you know. The best month of any year is over, and here's to a rocky if not sombrely boring start to August. Writing this as The xx finishes their performance in Singapore and I'm miserable at best. Also didn't go for Chelsea x Malaysia XI because I got into a fucked up accident the day before. Double whammy should be my calling card.

Quite a bit has happened in half a month. The amount of times I sat thinking about going to the States and wondering if it was the wrong decision, considering the circumstances regarding people around me and my financial situation has undoubtedly made things difficult. I'm slightly lazy to write today (and I'm about to watch a movie with forever guy) so here's a quick list (don't we love lists):

  • I've got exactly eleven days to go before I leave. Will be in the area of Korea that is less likely to shoot me (South) for about nine hours before making my way to Los Angeles, and will be there for three days before my final destination, San Diego.
  • I have yet to start packing (plus I have two bedrooms to clear out) and at the rate I'm going, I'll probably end up taking only my pillow and a bag of fresh undies.
  • Money has been a real enemy lately. I've had about 4 panic attacks because the money is coming in so late and I've probably exhausted every human (uncles & aunts) that I can take a financial loan from. 
  • A supposedly close friend to the family decided to turn down my sponsorship/loan request because she thinks I don't need to go to the States to finish my degree- a local one would suffice. Sadly, because her sizeable bank account is the only reason why I put up with her, I (very politely) told her that going to the United States is an opportunity I simply can't let slip away- and as much as a local degree is achievable, I can't settle for any less than experiencing life away from home. So thanks for nothing, ***** (in case my mum reads).
  • I will also probably end up eating cucumbers with salsa sauce the entire duration I'm in the US because I can't afford anything else, but hey, I've got salsa sauce.
  • To be completely honest, I'm petrified. I'm in denial of how soon I'm leaving- I just want to stay in my jammies all day in Sepang with my mother, taking videos of my dogs sleeping eating breathing. 
  • Then again, I can't be bothered to chase down and keep asking people to meet up before I leave- I don't have time for people who can't make time for me. 
  • Someone give me money, please
Till the next post.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog